Cox Technic is spinal manipulation performed on a specially designed chiropractic instrument (The Cox Table for flexion-distraction) which has a movable headpiece and a movable caudal piece (that part on which a patient's legs lie). Each section flexes, extends, laterally bends and circumducts (combination of flexion and lateral flexion), tractions and distracts.
Clinically proven to reduce pressure inside the spinal disc, widens the spinal canal, reduces pressure on the spinal nerves, and return motions to spinal joints. Cox Technic is appropriate for low back and leg pain as well as neck and arm pain conditions. Often appropriate, even after spinal surgery.
Cox Technic reduces pain due to disc herniation, slipped disc, ruptured disc, facet syndrome, stenosis, spondylolisthesis, neck pain, arm pain, leg pain, sciatica, and much more.
Cox Technic is non-surgical, doctor-controlled, hands-on care for spinal pain conditions. It is low force and uses finesse rather than abrupt force to help restore normal motion to the spine.
Cox Technic seeks to return the patient to his/her desired QUALITY OF LIFE.
Cox® Technic is a docile distraction (stretching) adjustment of the spine to produce the following benefits for the patient with back or extremity pain:
- Increase the intervertebral disc space opening
- Decrease the pressure within the disc to aid healing of disc herniation
- Increase the size of the nerve openings in the spine to reduce pinched nerves
- Reestablish range of motion to spinal segments
THE HEALING BENEFITS
The above changes in the spine may allow the following healing benefits to patients with back pain or pain down the arms or legs:
- Stimulation of circulation into the intervertebral disc which can aid in absorption of the pain-causing chemicals while increasing the absorption of nutrients into the disc to aid healing and inflammation of the disc has been reported as necessary for successful outcome with spinal manipulation.
- Dropping the pressure inside the disc creates a force inside the disc to reduce the bulging of herniated disc material.
- Stenosis patients benefit by the increase in the size of the nerve openings which is the site of nerve compression and pinched nerves.
- Range of motion spinal manipulation restores more freedom of movement while also stimulating nerves in the extremities, spinal cord, and brain to produce chemicals that reduce pain and create a sense of well-being.
- As these above changes occur under chiropractic treatment with Cox® Technic Flexion Distraction spinal manipulation, pain in the extremity can drop by centralizing or isolating the pain to the low back and hip area.
- This reduction of pain in the extremity by its moving out of the leg and into the back and hip area is a sign of healing and is called centralization of pain
- Back pain diminishes as the nerve compression and chemical irritation decreases and normal movement of the spine returns.